Homemade Peach Brandy
If you have a peach tree and have tons of your own peaches to use up, try making peach brandy. Peach brandy only requires a few ingredients (peaches, sugar, and water) and time for fermentation. I don’t usually enjoy the taste of most liquor (I do however drink light beer and malt beverages), however, this recipe made the best tasting moonshine I have ever tried. I like it more than apple pie moonshine! The method we use produces homemade peach liqueur at about 25% (Fireball is 33% for reference). You can smell the alcohol, however, you cannot taste it (which is why I think it is the best peach moonshine recipe). In fact, this stuff is so good (and so easy to make), we planted more peach trees so that we can make more of our own peach brandy! This recipe can also be diluted a bit to make homemade peach wine.
You can Customize Your Peach Schnapps Recipe
Some people will add cinnamon sticks, or lemon zest to enhance the peach flavor, making a peach cobbler moonshine. You can also add dry yeast to the recipe to jump start the fermentation process (giving you peach schnapps sooner). However, by late summer I try to conserve my time and energy for preserving my vegetable garden, so I prefer to keep it simple (no added hard work). We have tried peeled peaches, quartered and pitted peaches, and whole peaches. The results were nearly identical between the methods. Since I am lazy, I don’t see the need for added work for the same result, so I use clean whole peaches. We usually prepare our peaches, ferment them until the following fall (the perfect time for us is after the fall garden harvest), bottle the finished product into pretty bottles, and give some of them as Christmas gifts (make sure you have enough brandy prepared).
Homemade Peach Moonshine Does Not Need Special Equipment
You do not need tons of expensive equipment to get started making your own alcohol. With this homemade brandy recipe, you only need the ingredients, a large glass jar (Amazon affiliate link), and a cool place to store them. You do not need to buy an expensive stone crock, fruit press, specialty wine yeast, coffee filters, siphons, sanitizing solutions, etc for this peach recipe to work.
Our Other Homemade Wine Recipes:
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, please rate it! Check out our other recipes:
How to Make Peach Brandy
Makes 1 gallon, use the 5X block for a 5 gallon peach brandy recipe.
Best Homemade Peach Brandy Recipe (Easy Recipe)
- 6 lbs whole peaches (about 10)
- 3 cups honey or sugar (about 2 lbs)
- 1 gallon water (divided, more or less)
- Dilute honey in half gallon of hot water. Let cool.
- Place a layer of peaches in the jar.
- Add cooled diluted honey (or layer some sugar to coat the peaches).
- Repeat the process until the jar is 3/4 full.
- Top off with water, leaving at least 3/4" of headspace for bubbles.
- Add water to airlock, and place lid with airlock. ( Or place lid loosely on the jar, allowing fermentation gas to escape.)
- Bubbles should start forming within 24 hours.
- Store for at least 6 months in a cool dark place. Remove liquid from jars, and bottle. You can now enjoy your work!
- Please rate the recipe below, it helps the site to grow. Thank you!