An easy hamburger soup to make (or great recipe for canning) utilizing deer meat, vegetables, broth, and seasoning. Partnered with homemade rolls, for a quick and delicious soup dinner ready in 30-45 minutes.
This vegetable soup works well with and wild game meat including ground deer, ground venison, and ground beef. I haven’t tried ground turkey or pork, but I imagine it would also taste great. (Please let us know in the comments!)
Health Benefits of Venison & Vegetables
There are a number of ingredients in this recipe that can be easily grown yourself. Homegrown vegetables have no added preservatives and pesticides, in addition to a number of health benefits over store bought. Studies have also shown that children who grow up with a garden eat more vegetables, are more physically active, and have improved long-term health. Another study in UK shows that 1 out of 5 kids eat virtually no fresh fruit or vegetables, and 3 out of 5 kids do not eat leafy vegetables. (Another great reason to start growing your own fruits and veggies!)
Venison Hamburger Soup Ingredients
- Ground venison – wild game meat reduces risk for cancer and chronic inflammatory diseases like cardiovascular, diabetes, COPD, arthritis, psoriasis, etc.
- Onion – one of the easiest vegetables to grow from starts or scraps
- Garlic – a “plant it and forget it” vegetable that can be planted in the fall from cloves in your fridge
- Diced potatoes – harvesting potatoes is a lot easier with these potato grow bags (Amazon affiliate link)
- Beef broth (or venison broth) – canning your own chicken, beef, or deer broth is cheap and easy! Check back later for some of our favorite canning recipes.
- Diced tomatoes – there are thousands of varieties of tomatoes available for you to grow your own
- Diced carrots – can be grown in containers, and can be stored in your fridge for months!
- Peas – one of the first crops you’ll get in the spring, and a second crop can be grown for fall
- Corn – there is a new variety that can be grown in containers
- Green beans – once established, they produce fresh green beans continuously all summer
- Parsley – plant in a container, and bring it in during the winter for fresh parsley all year
- Basil – plant in a container, and bring it in during the winter for fresh basil all year
- Salt and pepper
- Tomato Soup – check back later for a homemade recipe!
How to Make Ground Venison Soup
- Defrost and brown ground wild game meat with minced onion and garlic. Crumble meat while cooking.
- Dice vegetables while meat is thawing and cooking.
- After ground venison meat is cooked, add beef broth, diced mixed vegetables, seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring venison vegetable soup mixture to boil, and simmer in covered pot for 20-30 minutes to let flavors combine.
If you like this recipe, you may want to try:
- Venison Sloppy Joes
- Venison Burgers
- Venison Pot Pie
- Venison Roast
- Venison Stew
- Venison Salisbury Steak and Gravy
- Venison Lumpia Recipe (Filipino egg rolls)
- Venison Shepherd’s Pie
- Venison Breakfast Sausage Recipe
- Venison Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
- Venison Breakfast Skillet
- Ground Venison Soup
- Venison Tater Tot Casserole
- Venison Stroganoff
- Venison Chili
- Venison Tacos
- Venison Cheeseburger Macaroni
Ground Venison Soup
- 1 pound ground venison
- ½ cup minced or finely diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 4 cups beef broth (or deer broth)
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1 can diced tomatoes (or 1½ cups freshly diced tomatoes)
- 16 oz bag of frozen vegetables (or use 2 cups per 1x batch of a combination of green beans, diced carrots, peas, and corn (about ½ of each vegetable per 1x batch))
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried parsley (or 1 Tablespoon of fresh parsley per 1x batch)
- ½ tsp dried basil (or 1½ teaspoon of fresh basil per 1 x batch)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- In dutch oven brown ground venison, onion, and garlic, breaking meat into crumbles.1 pound ground venison, ½ cup minced or finely diced onion, 2 cloves minced garlic
- While meat is defrosting and cooking, dice potatoes and fresh vegetables (if using fresh)2 cups diced potatoes
- When meat is cooked, add beef stock, tomato soup, Worcestershire, seasonings, and vegetables. Stir well, and bring to a boil.2 cups diced potatoes, 4 cups beef broth, 1 can condensed tomato soup, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp dried parsley, ½ tsp dried basil, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, 16 oz bag of frozen vegetables
- Simmer in covered pot for 30 minutes or more to combine flavors.
Other Soup Recipes
If you liked this soup recipe, check out our other soup recipes: Venison Stew, Ground Venison Soup, Venison Chili, and Pheasant Soup.
2 thoughts on “Best Ground Venison Soup Recipe”
This recipe is amazing! I canned a bunch of pints to take to work for lunches. Most of the ingredients came from my garden, which makes things taste better (and healthier).
Great recipe for ground venison, and it makes great leftovers!